Monday, May 29, 2017

If...

My mother used to say, "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride."  I know there's no chance, but, oh, how I wish a day like yesterday would be the hottest day of summer.  It hovered close to 80, definitely warm but comfortable.  I know, however, that's just the tip of the iceberg (how's that for an oxymoron?).  Nature has not yet opened the oven door.

I wished someone would have answered the phone because I really wanted to call in sick yesterday.  I felt punk all day, to the point that I called Cam and rescinded my invitation for dinner.  Regardless, I still had to go to the feed store.  I might not have felt like eating, but the critters could not go without.  Thankfully, it appears to have been one of those 24-hour episodes because I'm up and running (albeit slowly) this morning.

No comments: