Friday, May 5, 2017

I Have Issues

I've been beset with electrical and computer problems this morning.  Up at 4:00, I certainly didn't expect a power blip at that hour, but while I was loading the coffee maker the kitchen went dark.  Oh goody.  Fortunately, the lights came back on before I had time to get really cranky, off just long enough to have to reset the clocks.

I've had computer issues for some time, hence the upgrade and new modem which, unfortunately, did not resolve all the problems.  That power blip may have turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as I had to force a hard shutdown and the system, on its own, did a "chkdsk" and deleted a number of files that had no business being there.  So far, so good.

I looked at the photo of Inga that was posted yesterday.  Her hair is a mess, going every which way.  I can relate.  I brush her hair every morning, as I do mine (not with the same brush), and mine is as unruly as hers and there's not much I can do about either.  Goats' coats are as individual as people's heads.  Sheila's hair is always smooth, and Tessie has the softest coat of all.  Esther's was thick, even in summer, and it really bulked up in winter.

Ralph is having his own issues this morning.  He is feeling particularly needy and I've felt his paw on my shoulder any number of times.  Sometimes he wants to come over onto my lap, but today he just wants me to swivel around and give him some lovin', and of course I do.

The days are definitely getting longer.  It's 5:30 and already light enough to see silhouettes.  It doesn't get dark until 8 and that's when I put the goats in the barn.  Since I usually fall asleep about 9:30, I might as well just bed down with the girls.  No, then Bessie would have issues.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Not being an early riser like you, if left to my own devices...I really appreciate the lighter mornings, because on M-W my alarm goes off at 6 a.m. and I resent having to get up when it is still pitch black out...unless I will be boarding a plane in a few hours :-) Sorry about your finicky electricity!