Monday, December 25, 2017

A Different Drummer

Having "our" Christmas celebration on Saturday put me out of sync with the rest of the world.  Yesterday was a grey, dreary day and I thought I was doing well to keep Stove cranked up and to pick up the detritus from the holiday.  Leftover chile verde warmed me from the inside and I kicked back wrapped in my new afghan for a nap, good on any day and mandatory after a day of company.  Waking, I lazily thought that I really needed to replenish supplies from the grocery store and go to the feed store for feed and gas, but that could wait for one more day.  Oh crum!  It dawned on me that yesterday was Christmas Eve and today would be Christmas Day, and if I didn't tend to business right then the goats and turkeys would go without.  I made a mad dash for the door and made both stops before they closed early for the day.  I don't think the drummer we march to is even in the same band; we're definitely out of step.

I wanted to show the most recent additions to the pig collection, including salt-and-pepper shakers and a very detailed leather pouch purse, a little flashlight that oinks, a piggy bank, and an oh-so-soft stuffed toy.  Just as I pushed the button, Ralph photo bombed the picture.  Ralph listens to his own music, for sure.  I would have included the pink piglet, but couldn't find where Celeste had hidden it this time.

Watching television on the big screen in either room is so pleasantly different now.  I may march slowly, but one way or another and mainly thanks to my Kids, I'm catching up to the 21st century.

Merry Christmas to one and all!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I love it that your family has such fun, and yay on the TVs in both rooms!!!