Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Oh, The Shame

Is my face red?  You bet!  I finally finished all the goodies to send to Jake (he already knows the package won't get to Saudi before Christmas; I'm shooting for New Year's to extend his holidays).  Being a Class A hoarder, I have a large collection of saved boxes out on the deck and went out to choose one.  Aha!  A sturdy box of just the right size, still filled with packing material (to save, of course) from last year.  As I was removing the paper stuffing, I felt a lump.  What could that be?  Oh, crum.  It was a brightly colored, feathered and glittered, delicate glass hen Christmas ornament.  How could I have missed this treasure?  Duh.  Worried, I felt through the rest of the packing and, don't you know, there was a matching rooster.  From the return address, I could tell it was from Deb and Craig.  It was hard to face, but I called last night to leave a message and admit my faux pas.  The chickens immediately went to roost in the otherwise barren tree.

I'd been wracking my brain trying to think of something, anything, in the five-dollar range (our agreed limit) for the Kids and was coming up empty.  I awoke in the middle of the night with what I hope is the perfect solution, and went trotting off to the store yesterday.  They actually had what I wanted.  Now all I have to do is wrap the stuff.  I didn't feel quite so shamed when texts from Dave and Clay admitted they were also running behind the curve.  Procrastinators love company.

Four days and counting.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Those ornaments are SO cute...and I bet you were forgiven immediately!