Tuesday, December 12, 2017

As They Go

As days go, yesterday was rather uninspired; not a bad day, but kind of blah.  After piddling around in the kitchen and getting some more goodies made and packed up, I made a token effort at housework, certainly not enough to break a sweat.  Bess and I went out several times to check on the girls.  They were fine, oblivious to any danger.  It was nice outdoors, much warmer than in the house.  The crazy laws of physics mean that, at this time of year, cold air settles in the valley and warm air rises to the foothills.  Pete is having trouble adjusting to "winter" in northern California after so many years of living either along the SoCal coast or inland in Chino.  I'm at the point where 50 degrees is considered shirtsleeve weather.  He's not there yet.

The other afternoon I watched a PBS special featuring the late Victor Borge.  I'm not much of a one for today's comedy, but I'd forgotten how very funny that man was; good clean humor that had me laughing out loud.

Hold the good thought for Pete, who is undergoing surgery today.  His brother Dave is providing transport, so Pete is in good hands.

Rather than blather on about a do-nothing day, I'll just say that, as days go, it went.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Hoping that it went well for Pete...and I'm with him...50 degrees is cold for my wimpy Southern California Coastal body!