Thursday, December 14, 2017

Happy Lap

My lap is usually full with a cat or two, but Bessie Anne evidently felt needy and/or left out and asked, no, demanded, to climb up for a snuggle.  "Tell me again, Mom.  Tell me how you found me when I was a puppy and you picked me out of all those other dogs.  Tell me how you looked in my eyes and knew my name was Bessie Anne, and how I was going to live with you and be your special girl forever.  Tell me that story again."  And so, of course, I did.

My visit with the surgeon went well and I'm cleared by him for another six months and yearly after that.  The drive to P'ville through Cedar Ravine is really lovely, with gentle curves through deep forest.  Lovely, that is, unless there is some yahoo trying to climb up your tailpipe, because there are few-to-no places to pull over to let them pass.

I lucked out yesterday both going and coming, and got home in plenty of time to get ready for my circuit-riding hairdresser.  It is such a luxury to get my hair trimmed at home and have a chat with a friend at the same time.

I touched base with Pete.  He is very pleased with the results of his surgery.  Recuperation will take some time.  Even though he works from home, he's taking a couple of weeks off to rest.

Every night, Bess gets a back rub and massage before moving over to her pillow to sleep.  I've finally learned to lie in the middle of the bed so as not to get pushed to (or over) the edge by the cats.  On these cold nights, Ralph comes to cuddle in the cat cave a couple of times.  He never stays long, just enough to warm up, and then he's out again.  It seems I have a full lap even lying down.

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Good doctor news..you must be living a good life.