Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Connections

Cheeky must live somewhere, but she sure hangs out here a lot.  Walking out to feed yesterday, I thought I saw her in the front yard, but as what I thought was a cat didn't move, I decided it must be a shadow and went on to feed the birds.  True to her name, even though I had Bess with me, the bold little thing didn't amble off to go under the feed shed until we were getting close.  I think Cheeky had staked out a squirrel burrow.  Whoever she lives with is saving a bundle on food because she's earning her keep here.  I'm not complaining.

It turned out to be Make-A-Connection Day.  The first call was from Steve's aunt and we had a good long chat.  Next came a call from Larry, my Kid in Hawaii.  We usually send brief texts or IM on Facebook, but don't often actually talk, so that was a most pleasant surprise.  In the afternoon, a friend from high school called.  It's been sixty-one years since we were in boarding school together.  Having gotten together only a couple of times since then, you'd think we'd lack anything in common and run out of subject matter, but nearly two hours flew by and we were still talking.  She is exactly as I remember her, and we laugh together now as we did when we were girls.

With all the chatter, not much else got done yesterday.  I wouldn't change a minute.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

People...what it's all about (oh yes, and animals too!)