Saturday, December 30, 2017

I Would Ask A Boon

I was talking with a friend the other day who is also, as Stephen King says, "a Constant Reader," and we agreed that it would be such fun if readers from other countries (of whom there are many) would pop in with a comment now and then or sign on as a Follower.  Numbers speak, but words speak louder.  "Why don't you ask them?," she said, and so I am.  There is no charge and I do not subscribe to any ad source.  I do not plague with follow-up.  I do realize that blogspot is not particularly user friendly when it comes to leaving a comment, but I check daily, hoping to find word from the outside world.  I would love to know how readers found Farview Farm in the first place and (yes, I am ego-driven) what brings them back.  Blogspot does provide me statistics, so I know (and rejoice) that there are nearly as many readers in France and Russia as there are in the United States on a weekly basis.  There are periodic drop-ins from Saudi Arabia, the Philippines, Canada, Spain, Azerbaijan; 98 countries in total so far.  What do we share in common, or is it our very differences that bring you to the farm?  Regardless, I am proud to know that anyone at all reads my ramblings; it is very gratifying.

My niece in New Hampshire called last evening, saying that it was 15 degrees outside, up from -5.  Holy frozen cow!  Out of kindness, I did not tell her it was 59 here.  Wrapped in the new afghan Deb made, I didn't even need to light a fire.  Of course, a couple of lap cats and a dog on my feet helped.

In the morning, I had caught sight of Cheeky skulking around the goat barn.  Since I'm not finding any sign of mouse or rat activity inside, I doubt she's finding much in the way of a meal anymore.  The goats have learned to tolerate the cat.  They still put on a show of snorting when they see her, but it's all bluff now.

As it happens every year, it's not hard to tell who got new guns for Christmas.  Shots ring out and echo through the hills.  I rather imagine New Year's Eve will see a bang-up midnight celebration, country style.  I will take down the gaily decorated (all two chickens) tree on New Year's Day while watching the Rose Parade.  It's a tradition (unless we've moved the holidays around and the tree doesn't come down until February).

For the curious, Waldo is in the shower stall this morning.

Be safe out there!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I must say that I am disappointed to see no other comments. It is actually easier now to add a comment but I don't know if different computer systems are different. But I WOULD encourage others to add comments.

I heard of the blog very early on, through a mutual friend...and I've been a reader ever since. And for those who are reading this, I'm from Northern San Diego County in Southern California.

Thanks, Bo.