Friday, December 1, 2017

This Little Piggy...

Celeste is carrying this business with the piglets a bit too far.  It's a good thing I shut Stove down for the night, otherwise this little one I found in the dark of morning would have been roast pork.  Perhaps I'm misplacing blame; it's usually Ralph who  flings toys about.  Both cats will have to start over as all toys were picked up and put in the basket yesterday.

Heavy dew left the goat pen looking like a field of diamonds in the morning sun.  I wish this photo showed more of the sparkles, but it does show just how high the grass has already grown.  That ratchafratchin' rat was in the barn again.  I've been reluctant to set out the traps I bought, but, like the sheriff in an old western, "This barn ain't big enough for the two of us."

Project DIN is moving ahead, including moving furniture to sweep under and taking the fake ficus tree out to have the accumulated dust sprayed off and dry in the sun.  Ralph's handiwork was for naught when I remade the guest bed and straightened the bunched up rug.

The front-yard oak has fewer leaves with each photo.  I know exactly where they went.  Leaf blowing is on the agenda for today.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I commend you for you DIN! I'm in the process of decluttering and there are so many places that need my attention, that I set my iPhone alarm, with a lovely chime when time is done, for 5 minute segments. I do one thing for 5 and then switch. Only making a game out of it can get me moving!!