Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Visuals

Going out to get more to try to satisfy Stove's voracious appetite, I had a good visual of just how much wood that takes.  The Kids had stacked the rack to the top bar only two days before.  Stove is going to have to go back on a diet!

As will I.  The Kids had also given me a large variety of small bags of what Dave calls Scooby snacks:  chips, nuts, sweets, and other goodies I don't usually buy for myself.  Yesterday being Christmas Day, I indulged in watching old holiday favorites:  Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Carol, etc., and then the Steelers game (they won!) before switching to John Wayne classics, and I munched and crunched all day long (burp).  Even so, I didn't put nearly as big a dent in the snacks as Stove did in the wood rack.

In the morning, I had Inga up on the stand.  She being the first girl out, I hadn't closed the door to the milking room.  Suddenly Cheeky, the small black cat, appeared in the doorway, evidently thinking she had been given easy access to the barn.  The look on her face (eeek!) when she saw me sitting there was priceless.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I would have loved to have seen Cheeky's face...and a day with both Maureen and The Duke had to have been a good one!