Thursday, October 18, 2018

Barn Blues

The girls are not happy with me.  When Bess and I went down to Mt. Aukum a couple of days ago, they were out of sweet cob, a combination of grains mixed with molasses, and I had to buy dry cob, which is crushed oats, corn, and barley without the sweetener.  I was out of feed, so it was dry cob or nothing.  Tess and Sheila do not like it.  They want sugar on their cereal, and let me know it.  Tessie dumped her bowl over.  It's a waste as far as the goats are concerned, but I'm sure the barn birds and whatever else lives in there will have a feast.  I haven't seen Missy for weeks, maybe over a month, so quit putting out food for her.  Something was eating it, but no sign of the cat.  The girls are stuck with the dry cereal because there's no room for another bag until this one is gone.  Sorry 'bout that.

Ahh, the luxury of electricity!  I turned on lights just because I could.  I caught up on some recorded programs and got news for the first time in days.  I used the microwave and the toaster.  And coffee!  Real coffee!  I only drink one cup a day, but by golly, I want that cup!  All the wireless phones are working again.  It's easy to forget how limiting a corded phone can be.  Not being able to flush the toilets for days had been like living in an indoor outhouse, and I'm back in civilization again.

I guess we're as back to normal as normal ever gets here. 

No comments: