Monday, October 29, 2018

Flipping Out

While waiting for NASCAR to start, I was idly flipping through channels, primarily to see what football games were or would be playing, and came across the Seattle Seahawks vs. Detroit Lions.  Hmmm.  The Seahawks have not been one of my favorites, but they were Dolly's team of choice so, what the heck, I'd watch awhile in her memory, but didn't expect much.  Wow! was I wrong.  It was such a good game that I put NASCAR on DVR so I could watch until the end and wasn't disappointed.

Okay, then it was on to the race and play catch up.  One great benefit of the DVR is that one can flip through commercials, and I use it often.  As a salve to my conscience, I put in a load of laundry, using the pause button when it was time to hang clothes on the line.  Bowyer was doing well and I had enough confidence to take time to make a run up to the grocery store.  Clay is coming tomorrow and I needed supplies.  I'd decided on spaghetti for dinner for him, which is hard to make without pasta.

As happens more frequently than one would think, a lady (sometimes it's a man) in the store stopped me and said she had a pair of bibbies in a forgotten drawer and, seeing mine, decided she'd bring them out to wear again.  I may start a new (old) fashion trend.

That onerous task done, I used the DVR to catch up on the race, only to be totally upset when Bower was spun out toward the end and came in 21st.  Ratchafratch.  To make matters worse, the mishap was caused by Clay's favorite driver.  I texted Clay to complain and he had the good grace not to laugh.  He also let me know when the Vikings game came on.  I'd missed the Steelers game entirely (they won).

Okay, on to the Vikings.  They played so miserably against the New Orleans Saints that I turned off that game before the end.  They lost.

Please, please please let there be five chickens in the coop.  I couldn't take another loss.  Whew!  There they all were, waiting for me to close their doors.  What a relief.

Win some, lose some.  Game day was over.

No comments: