Sunday, October 21, 2018

Downtime

There were places to go, things to do, and all plans got put on hold yesterday.  I get sick so rarely (yay) that I don't know how to act, but I felt really icky from the time I got up.  Goats and chickens are insensitive regardless, so they were a top priority in the morning.  I really needed to go to town, but given the immediacy of the symptoms, decided it wouldn't be a good idea to be stuck in the truck for the time it would take.  I had an afternoon appointment with my traveling hairdresser...nope, not gonna happen, and we rescheduled.  There's only one way to deal with it when you look like you fixed your hair with an eggbeater...don't look in the mirror.  Not that I'm a blazing ball of fire on any given day, but little to nothing got done while I took some downtime.

It was pretty interesting that whatever stomach bug had hit was interspecies.  Either that or Bessie Anne had an attack of sympathy barfing in the evening.  It was almost laughable to hear both our bellies rumbling loudly as if in competition; not so funny to have to clean up after her.

It seems to have been one of those 24-hour things, because today is starting out pretty well.  So far, so good for the dog and me.  I'm not looking forward to the now-unavoidable trip to town (when do I ever?), so that is on the agenda.  One day of downtime is enough.

No comments: