Friday, October 19, 2018

My Point Of View

Bessie Anne does move around to sleep during the day...to the hearth, to the loveseat, flat on the carpet, and, if Celeste hasn't preempted it, her own dog bed.  This, however, is her favorite place to nap when I'm in my chair and the view I see most often.

Bess watched with some interest yesterday when the workers were picking in my neighbor's vineyard.  She still sees movement, I think, but not details.  I don't know if this was the same crew that Joel hired, but it was a friendly bunch.  If I'm out of the barn when they come to the end of the row, they always wave hello, but never stop working.  There had to be a comedian in this group because there was constant laughter, and isn't that a great sound?  I'm always amazed at how fast they can pick an entire field of vines.  That property is twenty-seven acres, mostly in grapes.  The men and women start early and are finished by noon.

My horizon to the north has changed.  I was appalled to learn that three pine trees down in the woods had fallen during the big wind, and they fell on the fence between our properties.  My neighbor is handy with a chainsaw and evidently cleared the fence so her horses are safe.  I wouldn't have had it happen for the world, but some things are out of my control.  There is a tree removal program for seniors, but I found out it is only for trees that threaten a residence.  Drat.

No comments: