Monday, February 25, 2019

Wasted Day

("Wasted Days And Wasted Nights," Freddy Fender song, 1993)

Looking back on yesterday, I see that I didn't accomplish one darned thing after barn chores.  Missy put in a welcome appearance.  I do get such a kick out of that teeny tiny cat.

NASCAR took most of the daylight hours.  It was a good race for Bowyer, who finished in the top ten.  After that I checked the TV guide for programs I'd recorded and was shocked to find that there were only nine hours left out of 250!  I have a tendency to stockpile in advance, but hadn't realized that there were so many.  There was nothing for it but to sit there and watch one after another so they could be deleted.  The cats were happy to have an all-day lap.  Serial programs like "Madam Secretary, "Chicago PD," and "Blue Bloods" are saved so I can watch back-to-back episodes and not lose the story line.  Beloved old movies are there to enjoy again when there's a dearth of anything good.  It was somewhat prophetic to watch "The Rains Came" (1939, Myrna Loy, Tyrone Power, George Brent), as we're due for rain today and most of the rest of the week.  I don't know how many, many times I've seen that film.  At any rate, I cleared a lot of space so I can start over.  Maybe I can count that as an accomplishment.

Not much will get done today, either, as there will be another trip to Cameron Park to see the oncologist.  I asked for an earlier appointment just in case he springs another phlebotomy on me.  I'd rather stay home and watch old movies.

No comments: