Saturday, October 3, 2020

About Time

It's about time I break the pattern and get something done around here.  For the longest while now, every day I've gotten sucked into watching the news.  I'm talking all day long, I've watched the news.  It's has been like seeing a real-life soap opera unfold with an unbelievable cast of characters and storyline and I'd feel compelled to follow the next episode.  Day after day, I've told myself I'd watch just one program, that this would be the day I'd catch up on chores, and then the next unreal event would happen and, zoot, I'd be hooked again.  The newscasters must be exhausted trying to keep up with the daily script changes...I know I am.  It's been very difficult to keep my political views to myself.  Walking with Michael has been a sanity saver.  He is, unlike me, an apolitical animal and has needs that must be met regardless.

Yesterday I took a baby step toward my goal and got the laundry done.  Not much maybe, but it was a start.  I didn't even hit the pause button, letting the drama go on without me.  In the afternoon I got a text from Dave, oldest son, saying he'd be up today.  Even though we'll be visiting out on the porch, the thought of company coming will be enough to light a fire under my bum and spur me to the To-Do list.  It's about time.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: