Friday, October 2, 2020

Cuddle Bug

I never know what Ralph is going to come up with next.  Cats are unique creatures, but Ralph is in a category all his own.  I've said before that we all have our places in bed, but Ralph has changed the rules.  Now we, Michael and me, take our assigned places on our pillows (sometimes Michael has to be reminded whose is whose).  Ralph comes in after lights out and starts to pat my face.  That's my cue.  As soon as I pet him, he lies down so that I can wrap one arm over and around him.  Sometimes he has to squeeze in because Michael hasn't left much room.  This has become our nightly ritual.  Ralph just can't go to sleep without a cuddle.  Go figure.

My daughter pulled me out of a pickle this week.  I don't know how it happened, but suddenly it was as if someone had flipped a dimmer switch on my cellphone and it was darned near impossible to see anything on the screen.  Even knowing how hard it is to give long-distance advice, I had to ask Deb for help.  Turns out she sent me a link to a "help line," but I couldn't see to access it on the phone, and the power was out so I couldn't go on line on the computer.  Aarrgh!  Flush toilets are not the only modern convenience it's hard to do without.  I felt like I'd lost my last link to the world.  When we finally got the power back, I was able to re-establish contact.  The computer guy gave great directions, but it wasn't easy because the phone was still so dim.  I almost gave up, but gave it one last try.  Ta da!  Let there be light!  The first thing I did was thank Deb.

Ralph is patting my shoulder.  He has trained me well and I know that means I'm to swivel my chair so he can cuddle on my lap.  Funny boy.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: