Monday, October 12, 2020

Almost There

Quarter to seven and it's not quite light yet.  Even this seemingly endless year is coming to a close.  Minutes drag and months fly, or vice versa.  It broke my heart to do it, but I cancelled all holiday festivities with the Kids.  Thanksgiving is just around the corner, but I don't want them to take a chance on a get-together, and somehow dinner on the porch wouldn't have the same feeling.  Christmas is going to be a dud this year.

I'm still hobbling around, wincing with every step.  Who would have thought that those two steps up and down would have caused such a reaction.  It's getting better, and I'm about halfway to well.  One can hope.  I'm developing a new routine in the kitchen, dealing with the light, or lack of, situation.

On one of our (short) walks yesterday, I heard a new sound on the hill.  It seems  my neighbor has added a pig to her menagerie, and an angry one, at that.  Having lived with Louie all those years, nothing I know can go sonic like a ticked-off pig.  Welcome to the 'hood.  When we were looking to buy this place, I asked the realtor if there were restrictions on animals.  He looked at me and said, "You can have an elephant if you want one."  Steve visibly shuddered at the thought.  He was always glad that wombats weren't available, and that elephants weren't for sale in the pet stores.

Almost seven-thirty and the sun hasn't yet risen over the hills.  It's light enough for the turkey parade, so the day has begun.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: