Thursday, October 29, 2020

Playing Catch-up

I'll admit it.  I'm addicted.  I'm a news junkie.  There, I've said it.  I got hooked about four years ago and the craving has only become worse.  I truly go through pangs of withdrawal when the power goes out.  What's going on out there?!  Who's doing what to whom and why?  (The why is mostly unanswerable.)  No computer, no TV, no cellphone...it makes me want to tear my hair out!  As a consequence, most of yesterday was spent trying to play catch-up.  Except for Michael's walks, I was plonked in front of the television, trying to figure out what had happened while I was in the dark.  I'm still figuratively in the dark, trying to decipher the whys and wherefores of what I'm seeing.

I don't know if there's a cure for me.  I've tried gradual withdrawal...didn't work, and going cold turkey, as when there's an outage, only makes it worse.  I know I'll feel better when I drop off my ballot in the next day or two, and maybe get this monkey off my back.  At least it will be a step in the right direction.

Stay safe.  Be well.  And vote!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Dropped mine off at our local Chamber of Commerce and there was one happy gal who was there, showed that the "box" goes directly to the Registrar of Voters, and I have now received the text that says they got it. Seemed very safe and very personal.