Sunday, October 18, 2020

Coffee, Anyone?

Once upon a time, before the virus or so many working women, there were coffee klatsches...morning gatherings for coffee and talk.  They were never my mother's or my thing...we woke/wake too early for the average bird.  This ritual came to mind this morning as my coffee maker was doing its thing.  I have a three-shelf cupboard in the kitchen that is filled with nothing but coffee mugs, some stacked one on another.  (I'm a mug person, my mother was a cup-and-saucer lady.)  There is another, smaller cabinet in another room with a shelf just for Christmas mugs to be brought out at the appropriate season.  The thing is, every single one of these mugs has been given to me by family and friends.  I have a coffee klatsche every morning, sans people.  I never pour a cup of coffee without thinking of the one who gave me that mug.  Some of those dear friends are no longer alive, but we still share time of a morning.  It's a nice way to start the day.

I don't do much cooking anymore, and I'm not sure last night's dinner counts as cooking.  I used the slow cooker to make posole, a version of chile verde with the addition of hominy.  Dang, it was so easy and so good!

Well, my mug is empty.  Time to gear up and get going..

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: