Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Whole Lotta Nuthin'

I, for one, will be so glad and, yes, relieved when all this election business is over and done.  What with the virus still rampant, I have no idea of what the new 'normal' will be, but one can hope.  I am tired of the divisiveness and destruction.  People are out of work and protests appear to fill in time as well as get their voices heard.  We here are Americans first and foremost, something that seems to have been forgotten between political parties.  I am tired of getting sucked into the drama of the day.  How I wish that RBG could have hung on a few more months.  All I know for sure right now is that there is a whole lotta nuthin' getting done around here, and that, if nothing else, has got to stop.

Down at the big road was the place to be last evening.  Camille was dropping off her load of trash and neighbor Chuck was next in line.  He graciously offered to help me drag a bin across, and we all had time to say hi...at a distance.  It's the Fair Play meet-and-greet hot spot.  Michael, in his own quiet way, gets excited when he sees me gathering up trash bags because he knows he's going for a ride.  For some reason, just going down to the corner is even better than going for a ride to town.  Whatever it takes.

We'll see how long my resolution to accomplish something lasts.

Stay safe.  Be well.

PS:  PG&E has issued a notice that they may shut down power tomorrow.  Another whole lotta nuthin' coming our way.

No comments: