Monday, February 22, 2021

A Puzzlement

 (Song from The King And I, Yul Brynner, Deborah Kerr, 1956)

Why is it that minutes drag and years fly (not 2020, it seemed that year would never end), hours drag and days fly?  You bring a newborn baby home from the hospital, blink your eyes, and that kid is in his 60s.  You go to bed at age 40 and wake up at 80.  By the time I get organized for the day, the sun is going down.

Yes, yes, I know.  There are 60 seconds in a minute, 60 minutes in an hour, 24 hours in a day.  Yeah, well, it doesn't work that way in real life.  Waiting five minutes for an event can take for-ev-er and the clock has nothing to do with that.

As Yul sang, it's a puzzlement.  All my good intentions to get this entry written early were for naught.  I don't know where the time went.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: