Tuesday, February 16, 2021

WOW!!

It wasn't just a good day, it was a grand day!  Deb and Craig arrived bearing yakisoba and the new iPhone.  There were trials and tribulations in getting info from the old phone to the new one.  I'm now somewhere out there in a 'cloud.'  (Usually I'm lost in one.)  Because Deb had gotten the same iPhone at the time they got mine, all the waiting and being transferred again and again was frustrating, but no surprise.  For me, who sat there like a bump on a log while listening to all their technospeak, the time was pure gold.  This was the third time since Christmas 2019 that I've had the opportunity to really talk to the Kids and spend some time together...pure gold (and the phone ain't bad, either).

Michael was more demonstrative than usual.  I think he really likes company...probably bored with me...and Craig even took him for his afternoon walk for some bonding guy time.  Ralph loves company, and made an absolute pest of himself, knocking boxes off the table, head butting everyone, demanding to be petted and included in everything.  Celeste did not put in an appearance until she heard Craig's truck drive off and the last 'Love yous' were said.

I had a chance later to talk to Tinka, who was full of her own good news.  It was a joyful conversation.

I spent the evening playing with my new toy.  Boy, technology moved on while I wasn't watching and there's a lot to learn.  Fortunately, the Kids thought ahead and brought one of those Help For Dummies books.  I was a little taken aback when the title also included the words 'For Seniors,' but what's true is true.

There's one little hitch in the gitalong, but I think I can overcome it, maybe with the book, maybe with some phone calls.  I am not discouraged.

I have an appointment for an antiCovid shot on Thursday.  Under the circumstances, my one concern was that I couldn't take Michael on that trip, but found out I wouldn't have to leave the truck, so my boy gets to be the consoler in charge.

Wow! is the one word that fits the bill for the day.  It was grand!

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like a grand time indeed. Since I'm a city girl, when my phone was sent to me (color was not available in the AT&T store, I booked an appointment and went in and had THEM transfer everything for me. I'm sure I only use about 1/20th of what it can do, but I still like it. Hey, test out the timer/alarm system as it is SO easy to set, and you can have MANY listed and you just have to activate it when you want it. Also setting things on the calendar is easy peasy. And remember...you will never have to forget what day it is if you just look at the home screen. Ain't technology grand???