Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Changing Times

Last year, the year of 'I Don't Care,' I didn't bring info from the previous calendar forward to 2020 and, as a consequence, missed some birthdays and anniversaries.  Yesterday I found an old calendar and did the transfer.  It was like opening a time capsule of the way things used to be.  "The Kids were up" (that's my favorite), Camille and Arden were here for dinner (a frequent occasion), the Helper Dude of the day came often and the place was looking pretty good, Dave's motorcycle club was here for a volunteer work day and I got to cook for them.  Nothing momentous in the grand scheme, but there were people coming and going all the time, and all that information was right there on the old calendar.

Last year the Kids were up twice (in two batches), didn't see Camille or Arden at all, and Dude and I keep a safe distance and wear masks when he comes to my aid.

It will be interesting to see what changes will come this year and what the 'new normal' will be.  Fingers crossed.  And I'll try harder on the birthdays.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: