Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Upgrade

Well, I'm not quite halfway through the iPhones For Senior Dummies, and I thought a computer upgrade was less than a walk in the park.  In the first place, this isn't a telephone, it is a computer!  What this thing can do...right there in your hand...wow.  No buttons, no clicks...it's swipe up, down, sideways.  Pinch with two fingers to minimize or expand.  It uses face recognition to turn on.  I feel like I'm coming out of the Dark Ages.  Part of the problem yesterday was that Ralph kept insisting that he would sit on the book in my lap, making my education even more difficult.  I shall overcome.

I slept really late this morning, probably from mental overload.  The frost is so thick outside, my world shines and sparkles in the sunlight like a diamond.  The phone (going to have to give it a name) tells me it's 34 degrees.  It's pretty like you wouldn't believe, but it may be a day to light a fire, sunlight or no.

This photo was taken after the last rain.  In my mind, I hear that line from 'Casablanca' (1942, Humphrey Bogart, Ingrid Bergman, Paul Henreid), "Here's looking at you, kid."  The face is always there, but the rain pattern added a body.

Things to do, but thankfully no places to go until tomorrow.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: