Saturday, February 13, 2021

Ongoing

Our late-afternoon walk was a portent of what was to come.  At least we had a short break between rain storms.  Boy, it's pouring out there this morning!

Despite good intentions, I once again fell victim to the TV and watching the trial yesterday.  This is, hopefully, a once-in-a-lifetime event that I find compelling.  I now fully understand my mother's total fascination with the McCarthy Communism hearings in 1954, again with the main player creating fear of retaliation as his argument for compliance.  Wearing a different face, it seems that history can repeat itself.

It's getting light, but there will be no sunrise this morning.  Our walks will be short and wet today.  If I can follow through on my vow not to turn on the television this morning, I might actually get something done.  Or not.

Stay safe.  Be well.

Drat!  I got the photo where I wanted, but cannot justify the text.  Sigh. 

No comments: