Monday, February 8, 2021

Monotony

Some days it just lands like a ton of bricks.  Monotony is a drag.  Whether due to age, retirement, Covid, weather...you name it, there's not much new coming down the pike on any given day.  No wonder I'm jazzed about getting a new phone, a change for a change, something different to stimulate the brain cells.  Oh, there are things I could do to keep busy, things like dusting or weeding, but they're things I've done a thousand times before.  I like the end result, but right now it doesn't seem worth the effort.  The thought of company would spur me to action, but that's a no-go given the circumstances.  Even if, all I'd have to do would be to sweep the porch.  Oh well, this, too, shall pass.

Speaking of the porch, that was Michael's choice yesterday, and it was grand.  Even on the sunny days of late, the chill breeze made a jacket obligatory and we didn't stay out long.  Yesterday we baked until well done, enjoying the heat and bird song.  Michael dozed off and on, and I just soaked it in.  He gets to call the shots on our outings...where we go and how long we stay.  Like me, a fella's got to have some control in his life.

Well, let's see what today will bring.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: