Saturday, February 20, 2021

Up From The Depths

I have spent two days in Hades with Beelzebub at the helm.  On Wednesday, after doing all my normal morning computer stuff, the computer announced it was going to do a lengthy upgrade (how I hate, loathe, and detest that word!) and not to turn off until it was done.  Okay, I was finished anyhow, no big deal.

There were problems, however, on Thursday.  It was one of those 'you can't get there from here' situations.  My Home Page didn't come up and nothing else was the same.  I called Technical Support and the knowledgeable-sounding young man took the controls.  "Okay, I can fix this, that, and the other thing."  "Oh, you don't need this.  You don't need that," and stuff started disappearing.  What do I know?  If a pro tells you that you don't need something, you believe.

After an hour with Vlad (no, really), I had to get ready to go to town.  I made my appointment for the Covid vaccination with minutes to spare.  I am so naive.  I turned the corner to the hospital and found myself in a line of maybe a hundred cars, with more piling up behind me.  It took the better part of an hour to creep up to the injection station.  Thankfully, I had a full tank of gas.  I will say that the welcoming committee, when I got that far, was very friendly and efficient.  I'll admit I wasn't looking forward to the shot.  I was prepared with sleeve rolled up, etc.  The nursie person stepped up and touched my arm, and put a bandaid on.  "That's it?  Did you give me the shot?"  "Yes, we're done."  "Dang, girl, you're good!"  She smiled, waved her hand at the oncoming line of cars, and said, "Lots of practice."  At any rate, the rest of my stops and shopping went like clockwork and we were home before dark.  I've had no problems with the injection site at all.

It wasn't until yesterday that I found out that Vlad had dropped me into the Ninth Circle of Hell.   Nearly five hours on the phone with Prashand and the computer is seminormal.  There's still more tweaking to do, but I'm not ready to face that just yet.  Font size is a problem, so I have no idea how this entry will look.  Stay tuned.

Had a good, gentle rain last night with no wind, and the sun is just now coming out from behind the clouds.  It's going to be a good day.

Stay safe.  Be well. 

No comments: