Thursday, December 19, 2019

Lazy Day

Well, I did have a do-nothing day yesterday, but I can't say it was stress free.  Having had preferences, I've been relatively indifferent to politics most of my life.  Lately, however, I've become fascinated and completely immersed in the D.C. news on MSNBC (avoiding the radical "talking heads").  Knowing it was history in the making, I tuned in on the impeachment hearing in the morning and was stuck there for the rest of the day.  I received a call from a friend in the afternoon.  "I've got to take a break from all this!"  Hitting the pause button, I was grateful for the respite, myself.  Taking Michael for walks also got me away from the TV.  He and I were thankful that the hellacious wind died down and the rain held off, but it was really cold and we didn't dawdle.

Finally, finally the vote was taken.  The outcome will now be decided in the Senate, probably in January.

There's one thing about sleeping all night in the chair.  You're already dressed in the morning.

No comments: