Friday, December 6, 2019

Wipeout

(Wipeout, by The Surfaris, 1963)

Yesterday is not a day that I'd want to do over.  It did not surprise me that I slept in until 6:30 this morning because I was completely wiped out.  First, it was a "pay bills" morning (aarrgh!).  Let me say that I loathe and detest (words reserved for the worst of the worst) the IT person who designed the new bill-pay page at AT&T.  I've been paying my bills online for years, including AT&T, without problems until now.  The new system throws you into an endless loop with no hope of success.  Trying to contact a real person is futile.  The phone company doesn't answer their phone!  Perseverance and a new vocabulary of cuss words and I finally got the deed done, but I was not happy.

That did not put me in a good mood for a trip to town, but it had to be done.  Wally World was out of one the meds that I had to pick up...totally out!  It would have to be back ordered with no date for delivery because the manufacturers were also out (and just how does that happen?).  It was suggested I call another pharmacy.  Okay, I did that, and found that one of my regular stops had the med in stock.  Oh goody.  Of course there was a glitch and we had to wait and wait.

Mike had shown up at the crack of dawn.  He took a few minutes out of his day to install the new hose for the washing machine, which I very much appreciated.  I never would have been able to do that by myself and Arden would have had to take her laundry elsewhere.

Michael and I took off.  Everything took longer than usual and I had extra stops to make.  Michael again dehydrated himself while I stood and waited by every bush and twig.  One thing about Michael, he is so darned cute that people who might otherwise be grumpy start smiling at him, and then they smile at me.  That's nice.

Missions accomplished, we got back just before Mike was ready to call it quits for the day.  He's only got today before the atmospheric river rolls in to drench us with rain again.  He's on the home stretch now and just about ready to turn the last corner on the deck.  Neither of us had anticipated that this would turn out to be the job from hell.

Then the worst.  Michael got sick.  He barfed and...had problems with the other end.  I lost track of how many times we had to go outside last night.  I hated to tell him that we could go no farther than the light from the porch, but facts are facts.  I can't see in the dark.  Finally his gut settled down and he could sleep.  I have no idea what had happened, but he came to bed and was able to sleep through the night.

I wasn't the only one wiped out.

1 comment: