Friday, December 13, 2019

Thanks, Michael

The last few days I have been in my chair, eyes glued to the television, watching the impeachment hearings.  Regardless of which side of the political fence you sit, this is history in the making, albeit a dark mark.  I was working at the time of the Nixon and Clinton hearings, so I find this current event fascinating.

Were it not for Michael, I might not move all day, but when a guy tells you he's got to go, you hit the pause button and go.  It had rained all night, but it stopped shortly after dawn so we lucked out on our morning outing.  Michael is a patient trainer.  He now has me also going for a midday walk, an evening walk, and a brief walk before bed.  I don't know if he really has to go, but he can always squeeze out a few drops.  However, I made the mistake in the beginning of giving him a treat when we get back to the house.  Potty or treats, hmmm.

I keep a pocketful of mini milk bones for training purposes.  I don't know who's training whom, though.  As soon as Michael finishes his breakfast, it's time for school.  He comes running in from the kitchen to tell me so.  We've got "sit" and "down" cold, and we're working on "shake."  Sometimes he does it without a command because he wants another crunchy.  I'm learning.

A lot more rain was predicted than we got (more due today), so Mike has taken a couple of days off.  I am so ready for this project to be done, and I'm sure he is, too.

This photo should have been in yesterday's blog.  It's difficult to see, but Ralph had his arms (okay, forelegs) around Celeste's neck, giving her a hug.  They stayed that way for the longest time.  I'm so glad I took both kittens together.

I appreciate that Michael likes to sleep late in the morning, giving me time to mess around on the computer while it's dark.  About the time I've watched the morning news and am ready to start the day, he comes wandering down the hall and just about ready to go for walkies.  He definitely keeps me moving.  Thanks, Michael.

No comments: