Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Childproof

It is said that as one ages, one becomes more childlike.  I know for sure that, at least in one aspect, that is true.  I can't open a darned thing.  In an effort to protect the little ones, packaging has become so difficult that the contents are safe from me, too.  I did go to the doctor yesterday about my arm...nothing for it but to wait it out another week or so, but he did suggest Benadryl.  I did stop and pick up the medication.  Yeah, well.  The pills were packed in one of those blister-packs.  It took ten minutes and a really sharp knife to get one dose.  No wonder they help you sleep...you're exhausted by the time you get to bed.

I have the same problem with some plastic bottles.  The caps are designed with children in mind.  I could die in the Sahara by the time I get the cap off to take a drink.  It takes a screwdriver and pliers to accomplish the deed.  Even cardboard boxes are a challenge, and then the contents are wrapped in layers of plastic to work through.  A bag of chips is so well sealed that the bag explodes by the time you've pulled hard enough.

I throw a childish temper tantrum as the manufacturers save me from myself.

Stay safe.  Be well.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Agreed...can’t open some bottles at all
End up using knife to cut tiny tabs.
I have to save things for any strong visitor, even mailman, to open
Ridiculous

Kathryn Williams said...

I can't help you with the hard ones BUT...scissors to cut the top off the chip bag is really easy and satisfying.