Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Red Hot Mama

With absolutely no reference to Sophie Tucker, billed as 'The Last Of The Red Hot Mamas,' a woman of many talents, active on stage and screen from 1903-1965, I was, in fact, a red-hot mama yesterday.  It was almost fascinating to watch the swelling, heat, and redness grow in the wasp-stung arm yesterday.  Aside from the fact that it hurt like blue blazes (my, all these colorful descriptions), the swelling continued from nearly the shoulder to the wrist until I could hardly bend the arm, and the skin was so taut it was stretched to the max and itched.  The right arm was twice the size of the left.  Not a pretty sight.  Needless to say, nothing got done and I didn't care.

It's some better this morning...at least I have an elbow again.  Still red, still hot and painful, with squooshy edema, but better!  I have not one good word to say about wasps, believe me.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Holy moly that is SOME reaction. Glad you have an elbow. Tomorrow I hope to read that you have a wrist.