Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Ouch!

Another humdrum day.  Oh well.  On our last walk of the day, Michael and I made our usual rounds.  Out by what used to be the garden, I did hear the buzzing of insects in the dusk, but didn't think much about it until I felt what seemed to be a red-hot needle in the back of my arm.  Thankfully, Michael was done with his business and we could head back to the house.  Oh crum.  I'd been hit by a wasp.  I am particularly susceptible to insect bites/stings and in no time at all my arm started swelling.  Well, that's one way to smooth out the wrinkles.  Hot and painful, there's nothing for it but to wait it out.  I'm thinking it was a nest of ground wasps, but the next time we go out, I'll be armed with a can of wasp spray.  I'm grateful it was just me and not Michael who got hit.

That was enough excitement for one day.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

OUCH indeed. Hope it is better now!