Thursday, September 17, 2020

Slo Mo

Aside from the fact that it's been really painful, as an interested observer, watching my arm move backward and forward through time in slow motion has been pretty interesting.  It started out as a skinny, wrinkledy 80-year-old arm and then, as the swelling progressed, all the crinkles ironed out and the arm became that of a plump 20-year-old.  Who knew?  As the swelling slowly recedes (not gone yet), the time machine switched to forward and the arm is starting to match its mate once again.  Michael's walks have been curtailed because I'm just not willing to go out into the west field where the wasp attack occurred.  Since I also move in slo mo, I couldn't get away in time and I sure don't want a recurrence.

I'm seeing more and more vultures these days.  They're probably getting ready for migration.  They line up on the power line, big, awkward birds trying to walk the tightrope.  Vultures are silent, crows are not.  Crows will also join on the line, yelling their heads off as if to say, "See what I can do and you can't!"  Crows definitely have an attitude.

I don't know where they're staying, but every day now a train of quail goes back and forth on the front drive, still calling for the missing Rod-RI-go.  They definitely entertain the cats.

My daughter tells me that the air quality has improved in the valley.  Unfortunately, the breeze that cleared smoke in their area is slow in moving to the hills.  We're still in the thick of it and I'm definitely feeling its effects, as are we all.

Kleenex at the ready, it's time to slowly ease into the day.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Someone just told me of a handy website that lists the air quality in whatever city and town about which you want to check. Obviously you can see and smell if yours is really bad, but this has been nice for me to know: Airnow.gov...check it out.