Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Ready, Set...Stop!

Oh good grief, either I am or Truck is cursed...cursed by the accursed squirrels.  No, I did not get the trash down to the big road yesterday.  I fell asleep in the chair and stayed there all night.  No big deal.  I woke up at 4:30 this morning and had plenty of time to beat the Trash Man.  Uh huh.  Loaded Michael in front and the trash bags (yes, plural) in back, started the engine (no problem) and backed up, ready to go.  Not.  Put it in drive and a warning sound blared and a light came on, telling me that once again there was a battery problem and Truck just quit, right there in the driveway.  It's a really good thing I have no close neighbors, even if they'd been awake, because being married to a sailor and with two sons in the Navy have given me a vocabulary that would make an admiral blush, and it seemed appropriate to roar every word I've learned.  Not again!  This will make four times the battery wires have had to be replaced.  I should just buy stock in that company.

Okay, on the bright side...(hey, I'm tryin' here) Truck quit in my driveway and not down on our narrow dirt road.  Wouldn't that have been a mess?  Given that this is the FOURTH time, Scott won't have to spend time diagnosing the problem.  Because there is a big trash bin down in Mt. Aukum, maybe they will let me put my stuff in there, which would be a good thing because I'd just thrown out a lot of stinky out-of-date stuff from the refrigerator.  Fingers crossed.

Things to do.  No place to go.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I have neighbors who have problems with rats in the engine...going after wires I think...and one of them mentioned moth balls. Don't know if it would work, but maybe??? Also, they leave the hood open but that might make it even more fun for your squirrels. Why is it happening NOW? The people with problems here seem to have Priuses. I wonder if there is something in the wires or the coating that make them more appealing.