Sunday, September 6, 2020

Road To Nowhere

Michael and I may just go for a ride today, no destination in mind.  Nature has cranked up the heat to just below unbearable, and Truck has A/C!  It was close to 90 degrees in the house at midnight last night, just to paint the picture.  George wasn't being cruel when he texted to say they were in an air-conditioned heaven over there...because I was offered sanctuary and a cold beer.  Those are true friends.  However, it was Kentucky Derby Day and I was gripping the remote in sweaty hands to see if 'my' horse would win and couldn't leave.  (I came out a five-cent winner!)

The thick smoke is back and it's heating up again.  Wait, did it ever cool off?  I guarantee not much will get done today.  We're in an endless cycle on a road to nowhere.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: