Sunday, November 15, 2020

Adapting

Michael is having as much trouble adapting to the time change as I am.  He seems to run on clock time rather than the position of the sun.  We go out several times a day, but now he asks to go out after dark, too.  I don't do well walking in the dark, so he's limited to the area where the porch light reaches.  It's also pretty darned cold, so we don't stay out long.  He seems to be okay with that, thank goodness.

The virus is causing all kinds of lifestyle changes.  I'm not looking forward to the holidays this year.  All family gatherings have been postponed for the duration.  I'm trying to decide whether to go down to town for KFC for a reprise of last Thanksgiving, or to get a TV dinner and save myself the trip.  Porch visits, rare as they are, have become the new norm, but when the real rainy weather gets here, those will also come to an end.

I've said for years that the only thing we can count on is change.  It's up to us to accept and adapt.  I'm trying.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: