Monday, November 9, 2020

Oh Hail!

Yesterday's weather ran the gamut, well, all except heat.  It was sunny for a short bit before rain clouds rolled in, and then all hail broke loose.  There were even a few flurries of snow, enough that there were some leftover patches when Michael and I took a brisk morning walk.  He's wearing his thick winter coat, but I had to pull out the gloves and hat with ear flaps.  The sun did come out for our later walks, but the east wind did not encourage dawdling.  In the evening, I had my first cup of hot cider of the season.  Just holding the mug was warming.

It was a pretty good preview of what was coming.  It's 25 outside this morning, and a steamy 43 in the house.  My hot coffee was barely warm by the time I brought it from the kitchen to the bedroom.  Ralph has decided my lap is the warmest place to be, leaving Celeste to fend for herself in the cold.

Stove is looking better and better.  Wood conservation is one thing, frostbite is another.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

43 in the house??? I'm afraid I would stay in bed!!