Friday, November 20, 2020

What Are You Doing?

We did, indeed, get a break yesterday and had beautiful, warm(ish) weather for our walks.  Michael, without meaning to be, is such a funny, quirky dog.  It's perfectly normal for him to stop and sniff any recent scat on the drive, be it rabbit, deer, possibly coyote, or, heaven help us, some nighttime traveling dog.  I'm used to these pauses, but lately, on the nice days, he is making a different kind of stop.  I'd see him nosing the ground, scuffling the dirt around.  "What are you doing, Michael?"  I finally realized he's burying acorns.  Is he part squirrel or a conservationist?  There are a ton of dropped acorns so our outings take a little longer now.  Being Michael, he is selective and only picks special ones to save.  Go figure.

I mentioned that I've started watching reruns of NYPD Blue.  It started in the '90s. I watched the series then and it's like seeing old friends now.  It's fun to see a very young Nicholas Turturro as a rookie detective.  He has risen through the ranks and today is a sergeant on Blue Bloods, mentoring other newbies.  Nice to see he stayed with the force.

I'm trying to get the Kids to tell me how they're going to spend Thanksgiving, thinking we could share the holiday vicariously.  Clay says he's probably going to spend the day napping, and Dave went off on a riff about fast-food restaurants.  I long for the good old days.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh yes the good ol' days...like last year's Thanksgiving. And yes, I love the tales of Michael the Wonder Dog. Fun