Wednesday, November 11, 2020

More Of The Same

It's cold, just about the same as yesterday.  I'm slurping down my coffee in the hope of drinking the mug before it gets cool.  Hot coffee on a cold dark morning is my way to start the day.  Not much I can do for frigid fingers.  When I get out of bed, Michael moves over to my spot, I'm guessing to get whatever residual warmth I might have left.  He is not a snuggler like the cats.

It's getting to be a regular sight these days.  Another deer in/by the chickenless pen yesterday.  This was a forked-horn nonchalantly strolling, stopped to check us out, and then did that sort of rabbit-hop bounding thing when he left.  Michael just takes it in stride.

He does get minimally excited on trash day.  He knows he's going for a ride.  I don't know why he reacts this way because he never rides up front.  As soon as he's in the truck, he gets behind the seats and lies down.  Every other dog I've had wanted to sit up front and see what's going on.  Not Michael.

Since I go grocery shopping only once or twice a month, I buy as many fresh vegetables as I think I can eat before they wilt or go bad.  I get so hungry for vegetables.  Last night's dinner was homemade egg foo young...nummy, and there's always enough for two meals.  There's an eggplant waiting for next time.  I never fix eggplant without thinking of my son-in-law, Craig.  He also loves them.  My daughter absolutely hates the purple globes, but it's a sign of her devotion that she fixes them for her husband.  (I don't know what she eats on those nights, but it sure ain't eggplant!)

I did not light Stove yesterday, but made do with a cozy lap robe, the heated beanbag, and two cats.  The problem is that when I get warm, I fall asleep.  Thank goodness for the DVR so I can go back and check on what I missed.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: