Saturday, November 21, 2020

Not Too Bad

As far as these things go, the trip to town yesterday was not too bad.  Having put it off as long as possible, I would have had to go, regardless.  The cold snap we had caused the trees along the roads to change into their fall finery...flaming reds, polished golds, and a hundred shades of green.  Every curve and hill in the road brought another spectacular scene, and the traffic wasn't too bad, either.

Our first stop was at the far end of town, not Michael's favorite watering hole because there are no shrubs or bushes, but he made do.  He never met a post he didn't like.  To get to Wally World, we had to get on the freeway and go through P'ville to the west.  I'll never understand why P'ville bothered to put up 40 mph signs through town because no one (but me) pays attention.  I think people see the Hwy. 50 signs and take that as the speed limit, and push that, even then.

I had a bit of shopping to do at Wally World and as we cruised the aisles, I found myself humming "Star Of The Show" (Thomas Rhett, 2016).  If Michael could wave, it would be like those of the reserved Queen of England as he receives praise and accolades from his fans, young and old.  A girl with Down syndrome spent a good while gently petting and loving on him.  He was equally gentle with her.

Done with shopping at last and eager to make our getaway, I trundled the cart out to the truck, and waited while a gentleman pulled into the parking spot next to mine.  He got out of his car and said, "May I unload that for you?"  "Well, maybe just that bag of cat food, if you have time."  (Why do they keep adding 'bonus' pounds?  I'm looking for something I can lift!)  Nice Man insisted on packing everything into the truck, keeping up a humorous chatter all the while.  There are good people in the world.

One more brief stop, then it was back through the woods.  Michael understands, "Let's go home!"

All in all, for a trip to town, I can honestly say it was not too bad.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: