Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Yesterday And Today

Yesterday was such a pleasant day.  The weather was as nice as it's been since the chill hit.  I didn't need my puffy jacket in the afternoon and even left the front door open.  Michael asked to go outside, but not for serious business.  He just wanted to lie on the front porch and soak in the sunshine.  I was happy to comply.

We made a quick trip up to Gray's Corner.  There's something about Michael that draws people to him, and thus to me.  "May I pet your dog?"  "What kind of dog is he?," etc., etc., and then they will inevitably tell me about their dog or dogs they've had.  A gentleman yesterday was close to tears as he told me about Thelma and Louise (another film reference), his long-haired doxies who had died.  We agreed that as hard as it is to lose a dog, it's harder to live without one.  Michael likes to go to Gray's corner.  Not only does he get attention, they have a nice selection of shrubbery.

And then there's today.  A howling wind blew in during the night and it's still going full bore.  No rain yet, but it's been predicted, and I believe them.  A flock of nine turkeys hung out here all day yesterday.  I doubt I'll see hide nor hair (or feather) of them today.

Ralph is such a brat.  Celeste, like Michael, like to sleep in of a morning.  Ralph, like me, gets up early.  He roams around alone in the dark for a bit, but gets bored with his own company and starts to pick on Celeste.  She wakes up cranky and a cat fight ensues.  She chases him through the house and gives him what-for, then she goes back to sleep and he starts to pester me.  And a good morning to you, too.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: