Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Ahh, Peace

The crankiness seems to have worn itself out and peace and harmony prevailed yesterday, both in the house and the barn.  The girl cats took the avoidance route and kept out of each other's way.  Luna allows Ralph liberties that would be unacceptable with Celeste.  Hey, not everyone can be "besties."  Bessie pretty much sleeps through everything but is ready to spring into action and provide backup if and when I start yelling.  Down in the pen, there were some snide comments but no fighting, I'm pleased to say.  The girls lined up and came in in orderly fashion, did their stint on the stand and went about their business.  I actually finished milking and cleaning stalls in record time.

A WWOOFer is coming today.  It's been quite awhile since one of the World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms participants has come for a day of learning how to make cheese and milk goats and I'm looking forward to it.  I'm always interested in hearing how they got interested in volunteering time and effort on farms across the world.  Linda has never been here on a cheese-making day, so it'll be a two-fer.

Hopefully, all critters, great and small, will behave themselves today, but know "kids" as I do, I'll not hold my breath.

No comments: