Thursday, October 15, 2015

Just Cause

There was reason to celebrate last evening.  Linda is only days away from taking over her new business and yesterday got word that she is "in contract" on the house she wanted to buy.  A couple of bottles of hard cider were in order to toast her success.  I've been so impressed with my friend's dedication to detail, her knowledge, and her determination as she's dealt with obstreperous (local) government officials, bank screw-ups, and the myriad of forms to complete, all the while maintaining equilibrium in the face of what would have sent me screaming up the walls.

FYI:  Pam sprayed on the hummingbird feeders worked!  No bees in evidence yesterday, and the hummers were able to slurp in peace.

By unspoken agreement, yesterday was cleaning day.  Seeing the house through another's eyes has kept me on my toes in the dusting department.  Linda vacuumed, I dusted, and the kitchen got dry-mopped and counters cleaned.  Turns out we are a dynamic duo, a force to be reckoned with!  Another just cause to celebrate.

It was a good day.

No comments: