Monday, October 26, 2015

Trick And Treat

The computer and cellphone are still playing tricks on me.  iCloud continues to snatch my photos and won't give them back.  I didn't want iCloud in the first place.  It just appeared when I had to reboot the phone and it got "upgraded."  Thrown down into the pits is more like it.  If I can figure out how to get rid of iCloud without losing all my photos, I will be so happy!  The computer has slowed to a snail's pace.  I thought dial-up was slow, but this is worse.  HughesNet is punishing me because I won't buy more data minutes, and I won't buy more minutes because they won't tell me what changed so that the minutes I had were used.  Vicious cycle, that.

Dale Earnhardt, Jr., is such a class act.  The finish of the NASCAR race at Talladega was a nail-biter.  The rules had changed so there would be only one attempt at a green-white-checkered flag.  Dale had bad luck on several occasions during the race and had fought his way to the front time and again.  He and Joey Logano were neck and neck on the last lap.  While Jr. is not "my" driver, I do root for him and so wanted him to win at Talladega.  Sure enough, a caution was called, the drivers lined up for a restart, and don't you know that before they hit the start-finish line another caution came out.  Officials declared it was not a "first attempt," so they lined up again and the green flag dropped.  The drivers hadn't even gotten up to speed when there was the Talladega Big One, a 12-car pile-up.  In horse racing, it would have been called a photo finish, Earnhardt and Logano were that close.  After much deliberation, Logano was called the winner by the width of a "splitter."  In an after-race interview, Dale didn't whine or pout.  He congratulated Joey and thanked his team for their great efforts.  Like I said, a class act.

My treat of the day came in the afternoon.  Linda had planned to go to an event and had put the ingredients together for a kind of cheesecake bar to share with the others.  All I had to do for her was put it together and get it in the oven.  Business at her shop was brisk yesterday and she was delayed coming home, so late that she'd missed the gathering.  Oh well, those ladies will never know what they missed!  It was good.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Brisk business AND cheesecake - doesn't get much better than that!