Friday, October 23, 2015

Cra Cra

This is a cra cra crazy world we live in.  War and threat of war popping up everywhere, kids shooting kids, poverty and homelessness in what was considered the richest country in the world, vainglorious politicians spouting nonsense and slinging mud instead of offering solutions, and on and on.  Here in this backwater hamlet, I am aware of that world that I no longer understand.  Linda asked me about why I write the blog and I told her.

I have always considered Farview Farm as a place of peace.  It seems to offer a safe haven from the stresses of that "other" world out there.  The animals have a calming effect, as do the quiet and the views.  That's what I choose to project.  That's what I choose to focus on daily.  Oh sure, there is drama, tragedy, disaster of one sort or another here.  There is conflict and sadness.  Some days are mundane and boring.  It's life.  I choose not to dwell on the negatives.  I leave that to the news broadcasters; they do enough of that.

I never dreamed when I starting putting thoughts in print that, really, anyone but a handful might be interested.  The list of countries that pop in to read the blog has grown to 86, and 30-90 check it out daily.  Amazing.  It's possible, and I hope, that readers find the peace that I find, and that the farm is a place to come (virtually and in reality) away from everyday life.  I love to share the humor in the animals, domestic and wild, and like to think that others find them as funny as I.  I probably have more pictures of sunrises and sunsets than any professional photographer; they continue to take my breath away.  I hope that recipes inspire, and milking techniques are instructive.

I try to keep my (strong) opinions about politics, religion, and other contentious topics out of the blog.  Not that I don't have them, but this is not the place and is never my intention.  Writing daily as I do has an added benefit for me.  It causes me to focus on the good things that happen, and regardless of anything else, there is so much good for which to be grateful in my life.

Kit is, as Stephen King would say, my "Dear Constant Reader."  Emmy jumps in once in awhile, too.  How I wish others would leave a comment now and again to let me know how their lives are going, what brings them to Farview Farm, and/or leave a suggestion for improvement.  I would be so interested.

Until then.  It was a good day.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

Yes, the morning is not complete until I have read your blog....then I can get myself together...at 82......and start moving.living vicariously through your farm, animals, family....Be it ever thus, as my mother would say.
And thank you for your humor, and for your diligence, and for you reaching out to those of us who enjoy hearing what's happening !

Unknown said...

Emmy, I too read Bo's blog every morning to set the tone for my day. She sets the bar very high for how to interact in the world with constant demonstrations of respect, compassion and a childlike wonder in all of the beauty around us if only we pause to look. I daily fall far short of her example.

Kathryn Williams said...

Emmy and Linda, those were wonderful comments. As we all know, life is a series of stages, and at this point in my life, my responsibilities have shifted, temporarily, and I no longer start my day with the blog. Such a pity! But luckily, the blog is here when I finally sit down with my laptop on my lap, and I can savor the stories of animals and humans, and drink in the glorious sunsets. Thank you Bo, for the consistency in my now mercurial days :-)