Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Busy, Busy

It was one of those days when I was on the run all day, then look back and wonder what I did.  Raced through the goat barn so I could meet my friend Arden for lunch up in Pleasant Valley.  It's been awhile and good to see her and play catch-up.  Linda's store is just a few miles from the cafe and at her request I got take-out to drop by for her lunch.  Today is her big first day as sole owner of Pet Bath & Beyond, a new venture and adventure for her.  Then I picked up Bessie Anne and we were off to Mt. Aukum for feed and hardware.  The night before, as I was tucking the chickens in bed, a hinge on the bottom of the Dutch door broke.  Aargh.  Struggling, I got the door shut to keep the hens safe and able to tie it up and open in the morning.  Helper Dude was able to come later in the afternoon to replace the hinge and tighten up the others.  For a half-door, it was danged heavy and I knew I'd not be able to fix it alone.  HD and I talked about him cutting up that big oak limb that fell last month.  He said that was do-able (he's fifteen).  The wood needs to age for a year, so there's no rush.  Laundry off the line and folded, trash down to the big road, just piddly but necessary stuff, and then it was time to put the kids to bed.  Linda put in a long day at work and was still at her computer when I tottered to my room.  Where did the day go?

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Congrats to Linda and yes, some days just fly by!