Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sky's The Limit

Wahoo!  The ransom was paid and the hostages have been released!  I turned off the blankety-blank iCloud and could get the cellphone to send a photo to a "message," but not to the computer.  (These machines really hold a grudge.) I was voicing my complaints again last night about the lack of communication between devices.  Linda is more cellphone savvy than I and was able, not to restore my prior method, but to find a way through a back door to send photos.  I've been saving this picture of sunset for over a week.

The rain of the night before didn't last long into the morning, but it was a promise of more to come.  Big, puffy white clouds sailed through the sky and Bess and I spent a lot of time outdoors yesterday enjoying the view.  At the time I took this photo of the reverse sunset last evening I thought it was an exercise in futility because I'd not be able to share it, but it was too pretty to resist.

I've always been a shutterbug.  There are dozens of albums downstairs, filled with people, places, animals, and just plain things from over the years.  Many are black-and-white, all we had when Brownie box cameras were "in."  Technicolor came to the movies and color film became available.  Back in the day, one would wait weeks to get rolls of film developed.  One-hour developing was wonderful!  Then came digital cameras, and now the tiny cellphones that take the best pictures ever and (with some hitches in the git-along) can go right on to the computer to print or not.  It seems the sky's the limit.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

The sky's the limit indeed, and that first shot is beyond glorious. I just think your iPhone doesn't like your non-Apple computer (at least I'm assuming...)!