Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Rise And Fall

Temperatures rise again as summer tries to hang on with fang and claw.  I'm back to tank tops, sweat, and sluicing down while I top off the water trough in the morning.  There is a different feel in the air indicating fall is knocking at the door, but the days are still hot.

Cats can fall asleep anywhere, anytime, and in the darndest positions.  Ralph is usually too busy to sit with me, but the last couple of days he's come up on my lap.  He can make me laugh even when he's asleep.

Linda's experience with old black-and-white movies has sadly been lacking.  I feel it is my responsibility to educate her to the excellent acting, directing, photography, and writing in these films.  (She has no choice.  I maintain possession of the remote.)  The other day she was treated to "Adam's Rib" (1949) with the team of Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.  How could she not enjoy the fast-paced, witty dialogue and well-written story by Ruth Gordon and Garson Kanin?  I'll switch the lineup soon with "The Blue Gardenia," (1959) with Anne Baxter and Richard Conte.  It is one of many movies in the film noir genre.

This view as night fell reminds me of "Midnight Lace," (1960) another thriller starring Doris Day (she screamed but did not sing in this one) and Rex Harrison.

Almost 7 a.m. and the sun is just now rising.  The seasons are changing, ready or not.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Ohhhh, Midnight Lace for sure...your photo I mean. I THINK that's the movie that had to be shut down while Doris composed herself after really getting into the fear of it all (as opposed to the fun one with James Garner, The Thrill of it All!)